A few weeks back, I asked everyone to share links to their year-long photography projects. Though Photo 365 projects are clearly the most popular among the photography community, there are other types of projects as well. These may include 52 Week Photo Projects (a photo a week for a year), daily self portraits, and so on. Many of you responded. Here is the list of all respondants:
- A Day in the Life – Elizabeth Gilje, like many of us, made a resolution to post a photo every day – a true Photo 365 project. Though she showed us up by post two photos the first day.
- David Clark, a long time follower and contributor to Shutter Photo (we featured his work here in October) is also doing a photo 365 project. He will be integrating his photos into his blog, Cliffs and Ruins, and into his Photo Stream at Flickr
- Billy Fairchild is also doing a Photo 365 project. Based on his first two posts, it would appear as though he’s using it as an excuse to experiment. Experimentation is always a good source of inspiration.
- My Two Seasons – Michelle Johnson’s Photo 365 project is going to be accessible through her site, My Two Seasons. Her goal for the year is “seeing things in new ways”. Probably the best reason to do a Photo 365 project.
- Jenny Marie is working to advance her photography this year with her 365 project. She is focusing on every day objects from around her house. [url updated]
- No Words is my own Photo 365 project. Aside from titling photos, I am trying not to describe any of my photos – I am hoping to learn to tell stories without descriptions.
EDITS: The following have been added to the list since we initially posted.
- Rory O’Keeffe was able to be convinced by his twitter brethren to jump into the foray and start his own 365 project last minute. He will be keeping us all in tune through his Flickr Stream.
Please note that this list isn’t closed. So if you’ve stumbled upon this list – please leave a comment and we’ll update this list accordingly. Thanks to all who responded. I see a lot of potential for inspiration from all of your projects this year.